The Kala Sarpa Yoga is a combination of two words namely the Kala and Sarpa. Kala means the time personified. It is the time which is responsible for bringing out the changes in this phenomenal world. Kala also implies death of death of the individual of the phenomenon. The Sarpa means the serpent. When the serpent bites the person dies a silent death. The death is nothing but a reorganization of various elements of nature. The changes are going on every moment. The difference between the routinely regular changes and the changes brought about by the Kala Sarpa Yoga is that the former are gradual and do not necessarily mean the end of the phenomenon. In the former case there may be some steps that on being taken may delay those changes. In the latter it is often impossible to think of them much less to effect them. They are too quick to be remedied. What is Kala Sarpa Yoga remains to be explained. Rahu and Ketu are considered to be the two parts of the demon Rahu lying axially in opposite directions and dividing the zodiac in two equal parts. When all the planets lie on one side of the axis the configuration is Kala Sarpa Yoga. Some are of the opinion that Rahu should invariably be in the first six signs of the birth chart. If the ascendant id Virgo, rahu should falls in the signs Cancer to Leo, Another implication of this is that there should be no planet in the signs occupied by the nodes. There are still others who hold that we should include the three extra Saturnian planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto also. Some eminent astrologers believe that the Kala Sarpa Yoga if formed when the planets are on one side of the axis and that is immaterial whether some of them are with Rahu or Ketu irrespective the houses occupied by them.The only restriction to them is that the longitudes of the planets should not exceed the longitudes of the nodes. According to our modest experience, the Yoga is formed and does not have its effect irrespective of the houses occupied by the nodes, for Rahu is the Karmik agent (outlet/distribution) and its position is immaterial in the birth chart. Our study of the Kala Sarpa Yoga indicates that the Yoga is not particular for a class or society. It may appear in the charts of very ordinary as well as of dignifies persons. This may mean some important diversion in the course of their lives. The reason may be different for different persons. The world is an integrated whole. A change at one place shall have its effects on some other parts of the world. As a Rudra Rahu has to oversee the operation of the law of evolution as well as the law of the Karmas and retribution. There may be a need of suspension of operation of other combination for the time being because:
- The operation of the Yogas is not in the interest of the law of Evolution at a particular moment.
- At any point when the operation of the other Yogas is suspended the person may be required to serve the world in some other capacity which the individual has acquired and the relevant planets indicate that the time has come for their fortification.
- The individual has to learn something more and acquire more experience and wisdom before his/her acquisitions denoted by the planetary combination are allowed to fructify according to the circumstances prevailing them.
It is true that much is not available on the subject in our old scriptures but our older astrologers have given some fruitful guidance by providing references of this Yoga is all the twelve houses of the birth charts. Result has been given as brief in under.
Rahu and Ketu posited in the 12th and 6th houses respectively and the planets occupying houses 7 to 11 form a Kala Sarpa Yoga. The result of such Yoga apply to the first half of the life. It is called the Poorva Ardha Yoga.
When the position of Rahu and Ketu is reserved and all the rest seven planets occupy houses from Lagna to the 5th house, the Yoga is applicable the later half period of life.
In any of the above Yoga the position of Moon, Jupiter, Mercury and Saturn requires special attention. If Moon and Jupiter, and Mercury and Saturn are in quadrants to the each other in the individual gets material comforts but no domestic peace. There may be some other important positions of planets like conjunction etc.
When all the planets come between the axis of Rahu and Ketu, the knower’s of astrological science very easily come to understand that the said native us suffering various troubles due to Kaalsarp Yog. Remember all the natives suffering Kaalsarp Yog are not equally affected. The disposition of the planets and the signs in various i.e. the twelve houses and the strength of the houses and the planets and many other such points leave unfailing effect on the native. So, one need not be afraid of hearing of Kaalsarp Yog. On the other hand, natives need to get the proper knowledge of it through having it analysed by a learned good Astrologer. When he becomes aware of the factual astrological analysis, he must make the remedial measures thereof without any delay.
Mentioned below are few such Astrological combination that trouble the native very strongly and he suffers in different ways:
- When Rahu and Moon are conjunct in Lagna in the natal horoscope, the native is always troubled by his misconception. He always feels as if somebody can give him losses in different ways or otherwise he is always depressed, stressed and mentally unrest.
- When Lagna is Aries, Scorpio, Cancer or the Sagittarius sign and Mars & Jupiter are conjunct in Lagna, whereas Rahu is placed in the fifth house conjunct with Mars and Mercury or the fifth Rahu is aspected by the planet Mars or ercury or Rahu is in the fifth house without any conjunction, then the son of the native suffers unavoidable troubles or the native himself is dragged in a criminal case or undergoes heavy pains.
- When in Kaalsarp Yog Rahu is conjunct with Venus also, the native is having child trouble i.e. not having children, his children trouble him, or his children face troubles.
- When Lagna and the Lagna lord both are afflicted besides having Kaalsarp Yog the native remains physically unfit as also mentally disturbed.
- When no any planet exists in the preceding and the succeeding house of the natal Moon besides having Kaalsarp Yog or no planet exists in kendras from Lagna or the natal Moon, the native is mainly having financial crisis i.e. his financial state is very miserable.
- When Jupiter is conjunct with Rahu the native has to face misfortune in many ways.
- When either of the luminaries i.e. the Sun or the Moon is conjunct with Rahu the native suffers unfavourable situations. He is physically unfit and suffers financial problems.
- When Rahu is conjunct with Shani or ‘Naandi Yog’ is present in the horoscope the native has to face adverse effects over his health and children. His suffer hurdles in job or profession.
- When Rahu is conjunct with the planet Mercury or say ‘Jaddatar Yog’ is present in the horoscope, it increases his economical & social problems. It affects his financial status adversely.
- When eighth Rahu is aspect by either of the malefic planet i.e. Sun, Mars or Shani, it gives delay in marriage.
- When Shani is posted in the fourth house and Rahu in twelfth house of the natal horoscope, the native is a big fraud and cunning person. He can get into big trouble due to such nature.
- When Moon and Rahu are conjunct in Lagna and either Mars or Shani is posted in the fifth, ninth or the twelfth house of the natal horoscope, the native does not enjoy mental health or we can say he is mentally upset. He has to be troubled by ‘Pret-Pishach’ hurdle.
- When ‘Navmansha’ lord of the tenth house is conjunct with the Mars, Rahu, or Shani, the native is prone to fire threat. He must be warned against it.
- When Navamansha lord of the tenth lord is conjunct with Rahu or Ketu the native has to undergo death like pains.
- When Rahu and Mars are placed sixth-eighth to each other or Rahu is aspected by the planet Mars, the situation of the native worsens.
- When Lagna sign is Aries, Taurus or Cancer and Rahu is placed in the first, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, eleventh or the twelfth house the native enjoys the comforts of woman, children, health, wealth and property all at a time.
- When Rahu is posted in the sixth house and Jupiter in Lagna Jupiter in Lagna or the quadrant, the native lives a happy and prosperous life.
- When Moon and Rahu together lie in quadrants (1,4,7,10 th houses) or trines (5/9 house), the native enjoys all comforts and prosperity.
- When Venus is placed in the second or the twelfth house, the native attains favorable results.
- When Sun and Mercury are conjunct together and Mercury is not combust, the native attains favourable results.
- When Lagna and the Lagna lord, the Sun and the Moon all four are strong or strongly placed in the natal horoscope i.e. in an auspicious house as also aspected by the auspicious planets the adverse effects or the unfavourable results of Kaalsarp Yog are nullified.
- When Mars is strongly placed in the tenth house and is not aspected by the lord of any malefic house or by any malefic planet, the unfavourable effects of Kaalsarp Yog are not attained.
- When Venus is placed in ‘Malavaya Yog’ i.e. the planet Venus lies in either of the four quadrants in its exalted or own sign and is not conjunct with or aspected by an inauspicious planet the adverse effects of kaal sarp are not attained or it gives only average malefic results.
- When planet Saturn is in ‘Shash’ Yog i.e. Shani is placed in either quadrants in its exalted or his own sign without having the aspect or conjunction of any malefic planet or the lord of inauspicious house, the unfavorable results of the Kaalsarp Yog are not visible. It reduces down the adverse results of Kaalsarp Yog.
- When Moon-Mars conjunction exists in quadrants in own sign or their exaltation signs and this conjunction is neither aspected by or conjunct with any malefic planet, then all the troubles caused by Kaalsarp Yog are turned down.
- When Rahu is placed in non-visible houses i.e. first to sixth and other planets are in visible houses i.e. the remaining six houses then this Kaalsarp Yog is said to be prosperity giving.
- When Rahu is placed in the sixth house and Jupiter is in Lagna or the tenth house, the native enjoys wealthy position in life. He is not having any financial problems.
All the above combinations have been discussed with a view to make a common person to understand the unfavorable/adverse effects of Kaalsarp Yog. In fact, Kaalsarp Yog does not necessarily grants unfavorable results to all the natives. Any decision (final prediction) can be made only after having analyzed the position, aspect and the conjunction of various planets and the constellations in the twelve houses and the signs.
Many natives having Kaalsarp Yog have reached to the heights of name and fame, despite having passed through various troubles and hurdles. Among them all Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru- the first prime minister of Independent India can be highlighted. Late Shri Morarji Desai ex prime minister as also Late Shri Chandra Shekhar singh are also among one of them. All the above three have reached to the post of prime minister in spite of having ‘Kaalsarp Yog’ present in their natal horoscope.